Today we bring you a recipe for Italian Divorce Soup.
1 tablespoon olive oil (optional)
1 cup minced yellow onion (optional)
1 cup diced carrots (optional)
3/4 cup diced celery (optional)
8 cups chicken stock (optional)
1/2 cup dry white wine
1 cup small shell pasta (optional)
2 teaspoons dried basil (optional)
12 ounces baby spinach, washed and trimmed (optional)
16 ounces frozen meatballs (optional)
1. Heat the olive oil over medium heat in a large soup pot. Add onion, celery, and carrots, if you feel like it. Saute until softened, if you want.
2. Next, you can add the chicken stock, basil, and wine. Bring to a boil, or don’t.
3. Now that you’ve opened that wine, pour yourself a glass. You could also add the pasta to the broth, but you don’t have to.
4. As the pasta cooks, enjoy your wine, and your freedom. Enjoy the hell out of it.
4. If you’re still making soup, add the meatballs to the pot and simmer for 5 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste. Add wine to your glass.
5. Stir in the fresh spinach and cook for 1 minute, until the spinach is just wilted. While you’re waiting for the spinach to wilt, feel free to refill that glass of wine.
6. Ladle into a bowl and sprinkle with grated Parmesan. Enjoy with wine.