Many people feel anxiety over telling their families about their divorce. It’s bad enough to break the news to one person. Depending on the size of your family, you could be looking at a whole lot of talking. And no one wants that. You’re a busy person. Here are some easy, time-saving ideas for telling your family about your divorce.
- Bring your new boyfriend to Thanksgiving.
- Bring your new boyfriend to Christmas.
- Bring your new boyfriend to your family’s annual Flag Day party.
- Bring your new boyfriend to your nephew’s baptism.
- Bring your new boyfriend to your cousin’s wedding. (When you RSVP, write “new boyfriend” as the name of your guest.)
- Ask your new boyfriend to email your family and tell them for you.
Thanks for finding a way to bring “Flag Day” back into the narrative.
And thank you for noticing.