Studies have shown that eye rolling is one predictor of divorce. So if you roll your eyes while your spouse is talking, or vice versa, that’s probably a bad sign for your marriage.
But it’s not just eye rolling you need to be on the lookout for. Here are some other negative interactions that could point to trouble in your relationship.
THINGS IN ADDITION TO EYE ROLLING THAT YOU SHOULD NOT DO WHILE YOUR SPOUSE IS TALKING:
- Twirl pointer finger in a circle at temple, i.e., make international ‘cuckoo’ sign
- Cover your ears and hum/loudly speak gibberish
- Answer pretend “phone call” and proceed to have a long conversation with what sounds like a lover while really only holding your own hand to your ear
- Tie an imaginary noose
- Pantomime vomiting
- Induce real vomiting by ingesting harmful chemicals
- “Call” poison control on aforementioned “hand phone”
- Die, because you can’t really call poison control from your hand