Ever since we posted about the great fun you can have with ring money, we’ve come to accept that many of you find it much more satisfying to, say, flush a ring down the toilet than to pawn it for jelly bean money. And you know what? Fine. Whatever makes you happy. Personally, lottery tickets and candy make us happy, but that’s just us.
But, regardless of how you disposed of the last ring, it’s time to start thinking about the next ring. Maybe you’ve sworn off marriage forever. Again, that’s fine. But here are some ideas for the rest of you “try, try again” people.
The mantra for a second (or third, or fourth) marriage is: THINGS ARE GOING TO BE DIFFERENT. It’s a good one. And it applies to spouses and rings, alike. Both the person you marry and the ring you wear should be distinctly different from what you had the last time around. For instance:
- If you had a very traditional ring, choose something less traditional.
- If you had something engraved in the band, maybe… don’t do that again. (It’s probably bad luck.)
- If you had a colored stone, definitely go with a new color this time.
- In general, just think outside the box.
Speaking of thinking outside the box, have you seen this story about the guy who made an engagement ring out of a meteorite? Well done, guy. Very impressive. But here are some things that would be EVEN MORE IMPRESSIVE.
THINGS YOU COULD MAKE AN ENGAGEMENT RING OUT OF THAT WOULD BE EVEN BETTER THAN A METEORITE:
- Strawberry ice cream
- Mint chocolate chip ice cream
- Coffee ice cream
- Chocolate chocolate chip ice cream
- Caramel ribbon ice cream
- A soft pretzel
Any of those would make a great story.